Sunday, March 18, 2007

A new found addiction...

Well, part of the reason I was selling all that stuff on Ebay was to finance a new computer purchase. The reason for this purchase was so I can move on to the world of digital scrapbooking. I was hoping to buy an IMac.

Isn't it normally that children become more knowledgeable than their parents about technology? Not in my family - my mom has paved the way becoming quite the pro with digital photography, making movies, perfecting photos with Photoshop Elements and now the world of digital scrapbooking. I remember when I bought my first digital camera. My Mom has always loved to take pictures and I thought to myself...Mom, will never own a digital camera. Never, ever, say, Never.

So this weekend I took the girls to visit Liz and Patrick. I knew that Patrick could teach me a thing or two about Adobe Photoshop Elements and I wanted to compare using this program with Pages that my mom uses on her iMac. Patrick taught me a lot and we created my first digital scrapbook page using the embellishments my mom had scanned and given to me on a disk. It was fun and Patrick survived my Rumbi Grill burps. :) Thanks, Patrick. I owe you!

So below you'll find a sample of my new addiction....digital scrapbooking. I so looooove it! In addition to my first page you can see some of my other pages - all created with FREE embellishments off of the internet.

Oh, and one more thing! Costco prints out 12 x 36 sheets of photo paper, so I get three pages for my album for $2.99! It's $5.00 in Utah, but this is a new Costco and they're not sure how much to charge, YET!

The first page.....




The second page....




third page...


fourth page...






3 comments:

Stephen said...

Wow! They look great! Are you going to stick with a PC then?

Anonymous said...

wwoooowwwwwww

Lucy said...

That looks very cool. More online fun, eh?