I've been going through clothes the past couple of days. The Lupus foundation called a couple of days ago and asked it I had any donations. I knew I could come up with at least a bag so I said put me down for a pick-up.
The first drawer that I went through was Erin's "top" drawer. It's the one with undies, socks, tights, hair bows, jewelry and a few other odds and ends. This drawer was far beyond cluttered. I dumped everything out and threw it on Erin's bed. I threw away a bunch of cheap jewelry and some socks without matches and then I made a pile of things to pass on down to Brooke. Despite the girls being born in different seasons, it has worked to pass the clothes on down the line. Erin has grown out of some of her underwear so I made a pile to transfer to Brooke's drawer.
Later in the day Brooke decided to change her clothes - happens too often and usually at least once a day. She came running downstairs with a handful of underwear and exclaimed, "Mom, these aren't mine, they're Erin's." I explained that Erin had grown out of them and they were here NEW underwear. She was visibly excited and ran off giggling. I'm sure this is only the excitement of a three year old and soon hand-me-downs won't be so exciting.
A few minutes later Brooke appeared without pants. She had managed to put on ALL (including those she already had in her drawer) of her pairs of underwear! She looked very padded. I told her we needed to go pick up Erin from school so she needed to put on a pair of pants. She managed to pull a pair of pants on over the underwear, but then started to cry because everything was too tight. Imagine that?! We took her pants off and I searched for the camera because I knew her "padded" look wasn't going to last much longer. ARG! I couldn't find it! I'm so sorry that you won't see the look, but I did count as I took each pair off...1..2...3...4...16!! Yes, my daughter put on 16 pairs of underwear! Talented, huh?!
2 comments:
Those Brooke stories just keep getting better and better. I think YOU'LL be glad you wrote all of this down in 20 years!:)
I told my co-workers this story and they loved it...they're getting to know Brooke by name. You'll have to come have lunch again so they can meet her.
Post a Comment