I can't believe it's been almost two weeks since my last post. Today is a day in my life I'd like to forget. Everything seemed overwhelming and I just wanted to run away from it all.
Is it just me? I wish I was more patient. I really do. I have such a short temper and my kids usually get the brunt of it. The fighting that goes on in our house seems never ending. We can't go for a ride in the car peacefully. I have a minivan and when I ride with all my kids it feels like I'm riding in a compact car. The screams are piercing and only exaggerate my headache on days like this. Calgon take me away.
I called Rex in tears. I'm sure he thought I was having a nervous breakdown. I only called to get Jacob's math books out of his car, but everything else came gushing out - very incoherently. He came home and offered to take the kids to work so I could get a nap or something. Rex is such a good husband.
I guess part of the problem was that I didn't sleep well because Brooke woke up at 10:00 last night. I went to her room and she had puked twice: once on her bed/next to her bed and by the door. It took about 1.5 hours before she got everything out of her stomach and fell back asleep. I didn't sleep very well the rest of the night. Sleep deprivation isn't good especially when you're trying to patient.
How do you get siblings to stop fighting? How? How? How?
3 comments:
I am not sure how to stop kids from fighting, but if you find out let me know!!!!
Michael N.
Bekki,
I would say MOST of the problem is that you had a hard night. That is the worst combination with anything less than angelic kids the next day.
I think you are just in the phase of life when kids fight. I remember doing it with my siblings and I'm sure we drove my mom crazy. I've noticed it picking up with Seth and Sam lately too. I remember friends complaining about their siblings fighting and I could honestly say that my kids didn't. But that is no longer true and I think it's just part of being in a family and a big part of how they learn to communication frustrations in a safe place.
Now, as far as stopping it...I got nothing. But I hope today is better. It usually is.
I have no advice on stopping kids from fighting. I usually give myself a time-out, and go to my room. Actually, I do have one technique, I think about one of my favorite Deep Thoughts. It goes..."If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is 'God is crying.' And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is 'Probably because of something you did.'" I've never actually said that to my kids, but when they are pushing every one of my buttons, I think it in my head and giggle. Then they are distracted about why their mom is giggling and they forget what they are fighting about. - peg
Post a Comment