Sunday, January 6, 2008

Laughter - the best medicine

Had to share a couple of funny things that happened today.

So, we're sitting at church today and because of the new schedule with Sacrament Meeting last, we ended up in the cultural hall. For some reason the family in front of us brought an unsliced loaf of Chocolate Chip Pumpkin bread as a snack. Yes, unsliced! So the two little girls periodically during the meeting would pinch off a bite to eat. As you may imagine the floor was a mess. Towards the end of the meeting "dad" scooped the crumbs that were on the chair up into a pile. I could tell by watching him that he didn't know what to do with them. He sat for a few seconds - pondered. He then discreetly pushed them into his cupped palm. He turned toward the aisle and dumped the pile into his wife's purse. Can you believe it?! I laughed out loud and whispered into Rex's ear what I had just witnessed. The kids immediately asked what was so funny. Trying to encourage their reverence we waited until the drive home to tell them the funny story.

Second funny of the day....Erin has become our resident vegetarian. It doesn't matter what meat I serve she usually doesn't like it. We always ask her to eat at least a few bites. Tonight wasn't any different. I had made a grilled chicken with a delicious "Asian" sauce. She took one bite and said it was too spicy. She began complaining that she didn't want anymore. Brooke who always had something to say replied, "Man, you gotta eat some more, girl." To me she sounded so much like Rex. Again, we laughed and laughed.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yeah! I am glad for some more funny stories. Keep them coming because they are our medicine too!

Lucy said...

I love the purse one. I was expecting you to say that he looked at the crumbs and then just ate them (probably because it's something that I would do). But, the purse stuffing is way better.

DarbyM said...

Ok ... you have to tell me WHO that was... :)

too funny!