Does this seem like a very intense math program for KINDERGARTNERS? Brooke brought home a sheet from her math book that said the following:
"Dear Family, We are starting a new unit called Geometry, Fractions, and Probability. In Chapter 5, we will identify plane shapes, equal parts, and symmetry. We will explore probability. In chapter 6, we will learn about solid shapes."
So much for 1 + 1 = 2
5 comments:
How times have changed! I remember when David was in Kindergarten it was forbidden by the Davis County administration to teach the kids how to write their name! P.S. Dad can to webcam tutoring in math if necessary.
Yikes. Makes me cringe. I hated geometry. I wish Matt's school did a little more math. At PT conferences she said that recognizing and counting from 1-9 was acceptable?! Kate can do that.
uh? We've not even opened M's backpack yet... good thing sounds like :)
Sounds like somebody is priming these kids for CSAPs early!!!
What? Sammy's teacher must be dropping the ball! Whatever she's doing, I hope she's making that complicated mumbo jumbo fun.
Post a Comment