I wouldn't call myself completely GREEN, but I do try and recycle. I put my bins out every other week with the trash and for the life of me I can't throw away an aluminum can. I also keep all my plastic sacks and take them to Walmart periodically.
Last week on the T-Tapp forums I found this really cool site. It's a place where you can recycle the books you own and have already read. Check it out here: www.paperbackswap.com . Here's how it works:
It’s a free website where you can list your books (paperback & hardback) as well as books on tape. If someone chooses your book, you get a credit that you can order someone else’s book with. You mail the book off at your expense ($2.13 for most books and even cheaper for some kids paperbacks). When you choose one, it’s sent to you for free. You can also buy credits for $3.45 per book - free shipping. You list your books by typing in the ISBN, and all the book information and descriptions automatically load, so not a lot of typing either. When you start, you load nine of your books, and you get an automatic 3 credits free to start you off.
What fun! I've already mailed off five books and I've received one of the ones I requested. I know there are libraries, but I love this because I feel like I recycling in a way all those books I've got stored in my basement.
If you sign up use me as a referral - beksparties@yahoo.com . Let's get GREEN together.
1 comment:
The link doesn't work for me. I actually don't have that many books to sell. Especially with our last move. We didn't move hardly any paperbacks, and the ones we did were the ones I wanted to keep. But, now that I know about it, maybe I won't mind buying a few books instead of waiting for tarnation for some of the holds to come in to the library. Great find!
Post a Comment