Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Band-aids

Why is it that kids LOVE band-aids? They learn what they are at very young age, don't they? Band-aids to small children are nothing short of miraculous. Every "owie" needs one even if it's not bleeding. The moment the band-aid touches the skin the pain goes away, but unfortunately they come off easily. The instant one falls off the pain comes back.

If you have a young, independent child like my Brooke you might go through several of these magical pieces of plastic everytime one is needed because they want to "do it themselves." You sigh, knowing full well that the moment they take that band-aid in their hand it will crinkle in their small fingers - two sticky sides touching each other and immediately your child will ask for another. Sound familar - or does this only happen in my family?

Yesterday Brooke bolted upstairs without warning. I called to her, but she was a gal on a mission. I was in the middle of dishes so I kept calling, but she didn't respond. When I got upstairs several minutes later this is what I found. She had opened the linen closet door (with a child lock handle thingy on it), scaled three shelfs to get herself a band-aid. I'm sure she planned on getting just one, but when that box FULL of band-aids stared back at her she just couldn't resist. :)


Okay and even more funny is the fact that her mother hadn't done her hair yet that day and she resembles the Professor from Back to the Future just a wee bit.

7 comments:

Lucy said...

That is hilarious. I do like the hair-do. Very "Doc". Did it fix her owie? At least she's not one to suffer in silence.

Liz said...

Ahh...Brooke!

Was she actually bleeding? Or was the bandaid just to take away the pain?

Jay said...

Wow! What a picture.

Anonymous said...

May I add that panty liners are a lot like band-aids. A former colleague of mine at the library sent a funny e-mail about his 4-year-old daughter who found a box of panty liners in the bathroom drawer. She promptly pulled off the paper to expose the sticky and wore them all over the house as her fancy new slippers. - peg

Nutmeg said...

oh my gosh!that is soooo funny:)

Anonymous said...

Cute picture. That girl looks like such a mischievous angel. Matt actually hates band aids. He refuses to wear one even if he is profusely bleeding and when he gets shots at the doctor he screams and screams after the shot when they put the band aid on. Funny kid.

Anonymous said...

That was from me, Kelly!