Sunday, January 14, 2007

Happy Birthday Erin!

Yesterday was Erin's 6th Birthday. It was fun to have her birthday fall on a Saturday so we could have her party on her actual birthday. Erin and I decided to have a "tie-dye" theme. We invited 13 kids and 12 of them came - YIKES. Aunt Liz has become the designated "cake maker." She has made a birthday cake for Erin every year since she had her first birthday. This time Erin wanted to participate, so they did the decorating right before the party.




When the kids arrived we immediately started tie-dying. We choose to do "low-water immersion" in order to have the t-shirts done in time for the kids to take home. The kids had a great time choosing the colors for the t-shirts and actually dying the shirts.
















We then played a couple of games - bingo and pin the nose on the clown.







Rex picked up Dominoes pizza and we fed the kids lunch. In between presents and cake and ice cream we rinsed the shirts and stuck them in the washer. When the parents arrived the shirts were slightly damp, but DONE! We ended up dying 14 shirts. I wish I had pictures, but all the kids left so quickly with their shirts. The party was a huge success and I could have only done it with the help of Michael, Jacob, Rex, Liz (my sister), Michael (my brother), my mom and dad.









2 comments:

Lucy said...

Happy Birthday Erin! You are such a cute six year-old! I wish we could have come to your party. It looks like it was a blast.

Jay said...

I never have been a big fan of tie-dye, but it looks fabulous on Erin. Happy Birthday!!!