Friday, January 5, 2007

Numero Uno

I really wanted to start my blog on January 1st, 2007, but look it's already the 5th and I'm finally posting. Why? Mainly, because the first post seems like it should be something huge, like the Target grand-opening we had here in Brighton last year. I love the idea of a blog. What a great way to keep in touch, to journal and to write down my day-to-day activities, hence the title My Mommy Musings.

Being a mother is something I've always dreamed of and hoped for. I never realized how hard it would be. I used to think I was patient. With every stage there are trials aren't there?

  • trying to convince Brooke (3 years old) that Whitney (our dog) doesn't enjoy being drenched in Purell and then brushed
  • listening to the 100th high pitch scream of the day as Erin yells, "Mom, they're torturing me."
  • dealing with a moody twelve year old boy
  • being scared to raise teenagers

But I have to say that I wouldn't trade the trials for anything. I love my kids. Couldn't imagine my life without them.

So as I start my "blog" I hope it will be something my kids will read in a few years and smile, laugh, and maybe even cry a little. I'm pretty sure they all got the Norman crying gene, so I can pretty much count on a few tears. Here goes.....

3 comments:

Liz said...

Yeah! I've been waiting for your first post. I look forward to hearing your stories and seeing pics of the kids :)

Lucy said...

Looks good! I'm so glad you started a blog. It really is fun and since you always have so much success getting people into what you are, I'm looking forward to seeing who else starts one:)

Stephen said...

Your blog looks great! I look forward to your posts!